Texas Country Oaks Dance Hall, Edna, TX, New Years 2012

Saturday, January 4, 2014

December 31, 2013

12/21/2013

I have been having some pains in my legs for a while now which has progressively gotten worse the past month or so.  Just before we left on our cruise, I saw a doctor in Brawley to get his opinion.

After a pretty through examination, he thought that I might have some blockage in my legs so he scheduled me for an ultrasound on the 16th.  He did clear me to travel on the cruise.

I had that test done and visited the doctor again on the 9th.  The results are not good.  i do have some blockage in both legs, including two areas of total occlusion.  I now have an appointment on January 11 with a vascular doctor to find out what the course of treatment will be.  There are several options but Joyce and I are hopping for the best and that it will be a quick fix.

So, that problem has caused us to change our travel plans for the rest of the winter.  We did cancel going to Aransas Pass, TX in January but we are hopefully optimistic that we'll make it to San Antonio in February.

12/31/2013

For several months we have been planning on spending time with Harold, Michelle, Abigail and Skyer who are flying out to California for Christmas.  My ex-wife Susanna's parents live in Fairfield so we're all going to meet there.  So, on the 23rd, we rented a car here in El Centro and drove up to Clovis, CA to pick up my mother.  We spent the night there and then drove up to Travis AFB where we had rented a suite on the base.

It was great to spend so time with the grand kids again, even though it was only for a couple of days.












Joyce made this Strata for Christmas morning.  Ummmm...good!


One the 26th, we dropped my mother off to catch a train back to Fresno and then we drove up to Lake Tahoe to spend a couple of days with Harold, Michelle and her step sister, Kelly and her boyfriend Brian.

The 27th turned out to be a very bad day in our lives and one we won't forget anytime soon.  I can't go into all the details right now but suffice it to say, we are devastated.  Joyce and I are coping but it is very hard.  More on this later.

Because of the news we got, we decided to cut our Tahoe stay by one day and head to St. Helena to visit Joyce's family.  We always have a great time visiting with Judy, Frank and Joanne and this visit was especially needed.  We also spent some time with our friends Bob and Chris who so graciously provided a place for us to stay for one night.

The 31st found us back on the rode back to El Centro.  We spent New Years Eve at the Embassy Suites in Palmdale and then drove the rest of the way down New Years Day.

Joyce and I wish all our family and friends a very happy 2014.

Barry & Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment