Texas Country Oaks Dance Hall, Edna, TX, New Years 2012

Monday, May 23, 2016

May 23, 2016

May 12, 2016

Yesterday Rick and Patty Stills stopped by Bend on their way home after visiting friends and family in Vacaville, CA.  We had a real nice visit with them at the Scadia RV Park where were staying.  Not too many war stories were told.

Thank you very much for the moose sausage.  It is delicious!

May 16, 2016

I can’t believe we have been at Pilot Butte for over two weeks.  We’ve been staying very busy taking care of the park, getting our doctoring done and for me, doing a lot of genealogy research.

As most of you know I had my DNA tested a few months ago and to say that the results are amazing is an understatement.

I have been transferring my direct line of ancestors from my genealogy program on my computer to ancestory.com for the past two months.  I’m sure you’ve seen the commercials for Ancestry where folks get those leafs popping up all over the place.  Well, I have over 5000 of them right now and every day I get more.

As you can see from the screen shot below I am 57% English (I love Bitter’s and Ale) and 17% Irish.  My Irish heritage comes mostly from my mother’s side of the family.  My father’s mother was named Lottie Mae McCartney so some of my Irish roots come from that side of the family as well.
So far (and this changes daily) I have discovered 556 4th cousins or closer that have done their DNA and are sharing their research.  One of those cousins in a descendent of Deacon William Crocker of Barnstable, Massachusetts.  I descend from Anthony Crocker who died in Isle of Wright, Virginia in 1693.  This is the first evidence that the northern Crocker’s and the ones from the south are directly related.

May 22, 2016

Last Tuesday we took a drive over to Mitchell, OR then up through Fossil to Shaniko and finally back to Bend.  There is some really beautiful areas out that way.



We only have eight days left here in Bend.  We will be leaving here on the 31st and traveling over to the Keizer Elks Lodge.

On the 1st we will be picking up our granddaughter Abigail in Portland who will be staying with us for two weeks.  We are going to Wallowa State Park near Joseph, Memaloose State Park, not far from Mosier and finally to Nehalem Bay State Park over on the coast.  Should be a lot of fun.

After dropping Abby off in Portland for her flight back to Florida we will head up to Oakridge to Jim and Jeanne Glaspey’s RV Park.  We’ll park our rig there while we do the Alaska cruise with Jim and Jeanne and Jim’s brother Ron and his family.

Barry & Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment