Texas Country Oaks Dance Hall, Edna, TX, New Years 2012

Monday, December 4, 2017

December 4, 2017

November 5, 2017

 This morning Ed and I drove up to the Rockler Woodworking and Hardware in Phoenix to get supplies for one of his projects.  Since Ed and Cindy own their lot they have put in a storage shed that is large enough so he can do his woodworking.

 Joyce has been down in the club house working on a sewing project she has started.  Me?  I’ve pretty much been vegging this afternoon.

November 7, 2017

 Today would have been my brother David’s 68th birthday.  Happy Birthday in heaven David.  I miss you.

 I have been having some problems with my back for several months so yesterday I went to Dr. Gary Hendrix, a chiropractor in Coolidge.  He spent about 45 minutes interviewing and examining me then started doing some corrections to my back.  I’ll be going back today and then on Thursday for more work and then we’ll see after that.

November 12, 2017

 On Friday we welcomed Rick and Patty Stills to Rancho Sonora RV Park for a few days.  While they were pulling in there was a guy standing in the road that at first I didn’t recognize.  Turned out to be Rick Kastner who Rick and I flew with in the 7th MAS/ALS many moons ago.  Stills went on to fly with Kastner for several years with Air Transport International.  He couldn’t stay long but he said he would come back over on Saturday.

 On the night of the 10th, Rick & Patty, Ed & Cindy and Joyce and I went to the Florence Elks Lodge for their annual Veterans Day Dinner and Dance.  The food was great and we all had a good time.

 Yesterday Rick and Patty hosted a barbecue party.  Rick and Sandy Kastner along with Steve and Kay Crowell who the Stills’ met some months ago showed up.  We all had a lot of fun.  Several names from the past came up during the course of our conversations.



 Rick and Patty were supposed to leave us today but have decided to hang around for another day.  Love it!

November 18, 2017

 Rick and Patty left here on the 13th to continue their journey to Florida.  We had a a good time during their time here and hope to see them in California in March.

 On the 17th Rd, Cindy, Joyce and I took a drive up to Mesa to look at park model RV’s.  Ed and Cindy are considering putting one of them on their lot instead up using their RV every winter.  If your not familiar with park models check some of them out here:  http://parkmodels.com/southwest/  Most folks add an Arizona room onto the home to give them more space.

26 November 2017

 It has been a very busy time for us lately so let me bring up to date.

 Last week Ed, Joyce and I met with Rick Kastner about joining the Elks Lodge.  We explained the benefits and the programs of the Elks.  Joyce and I met with Rick and Sandy on the 20th and they have decided to join.  I hope they can get this all done so I can be at Rick’s initiation.

 On the 20th Joyce and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary.  It’s hard to believe that twenty four years has gone buy so fast.  Rick and Sandy joined us at the River Bottom Bar and Grill for supper.

 We had Thanksgiving dinner here in the park with Ed and Cindy along with several of the guests.  There was enough food to feed an army and of course we all at too much.

 Also on Thanksgiving Day we celebrated Joyce’s birthday.  I won’t say how young she is but she is darned close to getting some really serious retirement money.

 On Friday we drove up Lowe’s in Gilbert, AZ to pick up a new air purifier.  The ones we have now just aren’t getting the job done so we decided on the Dyson Pure Hot+Coll Link.  Yeah, this guy cost a few bucks but it works really well and it also is a very nice cooling fan/heater as well.  This is our Christmas, Joyce’s birthday and my birthday gifts all rolled into one.

 So….yesterday Joyce was looking around on the Best Buy web site and saw that the purifier was on a Black Friday deal.  She decided to call Lowe’s to see if they would price-match the sale price and low and behold they did.  So, we’ll be getting about $110 bucks back from them.  Nice!

December 3, 2017

 We can’t believe that it’s December already.  November flew by and before long we will be in the new year.

 Yesterday Ed and I went over to Coolidge to attend the Coolidge Aviation monthly Fly-in.  There were a few more airplanes this month, some of them doing some showing off during landing and when they left the airport.






This guy doesn't have a rudder.





 Nuff said for now.

Barry & Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment