Texas Country Oaks Dance Hall, Edna, TX, New Years 2012

Monday, December 31, 2018

December 31, 2018


December 26, 2018

Joyce and I had a very quiet and peaceful Christmas Day.  Joyce made a turkey breast that we got at Costco and then we just sat around watching TV.  We had decided not to exchange gifts this year buy but I did slip this to Joyce anyway:

The song was played at our wedding.

 It’s been raining here today with some thunder bumpers in the area.  Not really going to cause us any problems here at Hidden Valley.

December 29, 2018

 The days are rolling right along here in Von Ormy. 

 On Thursday we drove up to Fredericksburg, one of our favorite towns in Texas.  First, we had lunch at the Sozial Haus that was once owned by our friends Trey and Sandy who we met a couple of years ago at Tumalo State Park in Bend, Oregon.  Trey and Sandy are full-time RVer’s that are now in Sedona, Arizona where Trey is workamping at a private golf course.  After having a delicious meal we walked around town checking out all the great shops.

 If you follow my Facebook page you know that our car was hit in a parking in the Whole Foods parking lot in north west San Antonio.  Here is that post:
“Just sittin' in a parking lot minding my own business this afternoon waiting for Joyce who was shopping and I hear a "whack'' with a sharp movement. A gal who was pulling into the spot next to me hit the right back quarter panel of our car. I jumped out the car and asked her did she know she hit my car and she said, "Did I hit your car"? Duh. Well, we exchanged information and I told her she might want to call her insurance company ASAP. I did take pictures of the damage to my car, the marks on her car and her license plate. After getting back in my car a gentleman walks up and told me he saw the whole thing and gave me his card. He's a lawyer no less. Brian advised me to call her insurance company now before she did and told me he is available if I need anything. I did that and got the ball rolling to get my car fixed.”

 After getting a call from Progressive Insurance Company I went through the relatively easy process of doing the online appraisal.  All I had to do was download an app for my iPhone and just follow the directions.

 Yesterday morning we got a call from Progressive letting us know that they are accepting full responsibility for the damage to our car.  They then sent an email with their network shops here in San Antonio.  So we drove up to Star Collision Repair and started the process of getting the repairs done.

December 31, 2018

 Joyce and I can’t believe that this year has gone by so fast.  And what a year it has been.  Se saw a lot of beautiful places in this great country, dodged some fires and even saw some serious flooding in Texas.  But, all in-in-all it has been good and we're looking forward to 2019 with enthusiasm.

 Here are a couple of screen shots of our travel’s in 2018:

We made so many stops this year that I had to make two maps.


 Happy New Year to all.

Until 2019.

Barry & Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment